Michael and my big sister

Michael and my big sister
Comfort quilts

Sylviasvideosfyi

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Mother's Day Idea

Are you wondering what to do for your mom this Mother's Day? I have been making napkins lately. I am working on a how to video on how to make them and how to wrap them for a lovely Mother's Day gift. I have had so much fun working on this project. I have read on Blog Frog how women are interested in sewing and decided to make a video on how to sew simple things so they might get started sewing and fulfilling their passion to sew.

I recently made my own pattern for a chair topper. I filmed it so anyone wanting to learn how to make your own customer topper can see how I did mine. It is not perfect but after making of few I feel confident that one would achieve the desired results and receive many compliments from family and friends.

I tried to find ideas on the internet but did not find anything that was like the one I imagined. I decided to make one that showed a different type of design than a print or solid color. I will make my next topper differently because I think I can improve upon it. I also wanted to show a stamping design so I kind of made this one for video basically, not necessarily what I would make for myself.

I will begin editing tonight and hopefully have it on my blog for the weekend.
If anyone might have different ideas please share them with me. I have to see something made and then decide if I like it. I wished I could imagine it before so I would have exactly what I want but for me it is trial and error.

Stay tuned for a napkin video and a chair topper. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment